Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

By the pool...

I went to our pool for the first time the other day and brought along my sketchbook. I wasn't too pleased with what I got but I drew more bodies and hopefully captured SOMETHING. I'll get better, I promise...

This kid was funny. He had goggles that also doubled as a mask which led up to a shark fin on top of his head.

Some people don't know how to dress at the pool... (But they do know how to stroll)

Beardy enthralled with tiny phone behind laptop...

Jonas Brother wanna-be...

Funny kid holding his breath...

Water stretches...



Our complex houses a lot of families that come out during Pilot Season in order to try out for all the new sitcoms. The kids and their show-moms are everywhere and, on this day, took a trip to the pool. All this kid wanted to do was play with his mom but she kept ignoring him and talking on her cell phone. Ah... the life of a child star.

Interesting reading position.

Towel girl...
Also, I thought more about approaching my drawings from a shape point of view and came up with these 2 boring designs. (This is posted strictly for my to look back on and say "what was I thinking!")

I think this one was originally based on a guitar.

My wife has a picture up of a few penguins that her grandpa took while in Antarctica kidnapping penguins for the San Diego Zoo.


These last few are some heads I drew while watching TV. Not sure what they are from but here they are...


2 comments:

pd said...

congratulations very good design

Unknown said...

not bad
i like ur work