Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

Drawings from my recent trip

I just got back from seeing family in Central Florida for the past 2 weeks. It was a great time and I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in over a year. Also, I was able to bring along my sketchbook and try and capture some more people. First, here are a few drawings I did at the airport. This is something that I need to really work on; finding a good story pose and working it out clearly.

First off, I am pretty confident that this guy was Jacob from LOST. We have been watching that show a lot lately and it looked just like him. Thankfully, he was on standby and didn't make it onto our flight...
Dreads...
This man looked MISERABLE.
So did his wife...

here, I finally remembered to include the body so the pose would read better as a story than just the head. I am pretty happy with it.We also spent a day at Disney World and I got to draw a little there. Here are a few from that day:

smoking section...

This next guy was WAY into his food.
Finally, here is a spread of a bunch of doodles I did while eating. I'm happy with a few of them but I thought I would show the whole page so you could see what a typical sketch page looks like in my book.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Oris said...

Very awesome. You capture them in their candid moments.