Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Wedding Painting


I recently went back home to Florida for my friends Patrick and Mary's wedding.  I decided as a wedding gift, I would paint something for them.  Last time we saw them, we were at Disney World in the pouring rain.  Despite the weather, it was undisputedly the most fun any of us had ever had at Disney.  I decided to go from that idea and paint.

I started with this little concept painting for layout.



After I painted this large, I hated it beyond measure.  So I changed the composition to make the focus less about the castle and more about us running up to it.  Here it is without us:

After getting that where I liked it, I added us on the road up to the castle.

Heres a detail of Brittany and I

And of Patrick and Mary


Once I got this where I liked it, I added the rain to complete the memory.  The color is a little off in this one but you get the idea.

And that about sums it up.  We had a great time in Florida and wish them all the best.  As a bonus, here's the view on the way back.
\



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Jenni Hendrich said...

This is a real fun one! Thanks for posting the steps!

mike giovannelli said...

really nice Mike. good work my man.

Anne Albright said...

Love it..... So nice Michael!