Search This Blog

Sunday, August 08, 2010

My deepest aplology...

Seems like its been a long time since my last post. Baby, let me explain...

I had a pretty whirlwind experience for the past 2 weeks. I went to Comicon and then immediately went to SIGGRAPH, followed by starting my new job at Rhythm and Hues. So it's been kinda hard to find the time to post.

At comicon, I picked up a statue from Chris Sanders.



Its a great tool for drawing since his style is so appealing and you can turn it to different angles and really figure the thing out. I tried my hand at a few of them.



The scan kind of killed the pencil line. I drew with a 3H so I could sketch it out heavily without worrying about my lines getting too thick. I hate the way any "H" pencil feels in my hand but it helps me not get lost in the lines.

I'll try and be more frequent from now on. I might try to start a "once a day" blog. A great example of one is The Daily Post It by the great animator, Aaron Hartline (the mastermind behind "Mr. Tortilla Head"). We'll see if I can get a good idea started.

No comments: